Special note from our Tutoring Director Carol Jordan: We will take lottery registrations April 1-30 for our summer session, which will provide an hour a week of tutoring with a volunteer tutor for the summer. We are offering both in-person and virtual tutoring options for the 2021 summer tutoring. If you choose in-person tutoring, your student and tutor may choose to work virtually when needed; however, those who prefer virtual are not allowed to use the building for in-person tutoring. You must commit to your virtual schedule throughout the entire summer session. More information will be available later.
The registration window for the 2021 summer tutoring lottery will be open April 1-30, 2021. A random lottery will select students for the roster as well as students for a waiting list. Carol will contact everyone with the results by mid-May. This is a family registration—if one child in a family gets in, the other registered children will automatically be accepted. When registering, please list all the children you would like to register. To better serve your students, please also complete the Google Form for EACH student being registered. If you are accepted into the summer session, there is a non-refundable registration fee of $35. If your child is on free/reduced lunch at school, the non-refundable fee is $5.00. Tutoring is for an hour a week with a volunteer tutor and is in conjunction with the Fayette County Public School Calendar.
Registration is a two-step process. To register for the 2021 summer tutoring lottery during the month of April:
- Complete this Google Form. You must list every child’s name, date of birth (mo/day/year), grades (for the 2021-2022 school year), and what subject they need help with (math/reading). This form is separate from registration and must be completed along with registration to be officially entered into the tutoring lottery.
- After completing the Google Form, click on the registration link found at the end of the submission process.
- Next, please enter ‘1’ in the ticket cart, even if you have more than one child.
- Fill out your information in the correct fields.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your registration. Carol Jordan will contact you in mid-May to let you know the lottery results.
If you are unable to access online registration, please call Carol Jordan at 859-254-4175, ext 22 to begin the registration process. (Note: Carnegie staff is not currently in the building full-time. Please leave a voicemail and Carol will return your call.)