Special note from our Tutoring Director Carol Jordan: We will take lottery registrations in August for our school year session, which will provide an hour a week tutoring with a volunteer tutor for the school year. All tutoring will be virtual until at least January. We will reassess in late fall about the second semester. More information will be available later.
The registration window for the 2020/2021 school year tutoring lottery is open August 1-31, 2020. A random lottery will select students for the summer roster as well as students for a waiting list. Carol will contact everyone with the results in mid-September. This is a family registration—if one child in a family gets in, the other registered children will automatically be accepted. Please list all the children you would like to register. If you are accepted into the summer session, there is a non-refundable registration fee of $60.00. If your child is on free/reduced lunch at school, the non-refundable fee is $5.00. Tutoring is for an hour a week with a volunteer tutor and is in conjunction with the Fayette County Public School Calendar.
There are two ways to register for the tutoring lottery during the month of August:
- Online, by clicking here.
- Phone (859-254-4175, ext 22) (Note: Carnegie staff is not currently in the building full-time. Please leave a voicemail and Carol will return your call.)
If you would like to register your child online for 2020/2021 school year tutoring, please read the following:
- Click on the link and please enter ‘1’ in the ticket cart, even if you have more than one child.
- Fill out your information in the correct fields.
- In the COMMENTS section, please list ALL children’s names, date of birth (mo/day/year), grades (for 2020-2021 school year), and what subject they need help with (math/reading). You do NOT need to enter your child’s name in the Other Information section.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your registration. Carol Jordan will contact you in mid-September to let you know the lottery results.