PROSPECTIVE VISTA MEMBERS
The Carnegie Center network is currently recruiting for several yearlong VISTA positions to begin in Fall 2012. Check out the open positions by visiting the AmeriCorps website. To see what openings are available, take the following steps: Go to https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do. Under Program Type, choose AmeriCorps VISTA; under State, choose Kentucky; and under Program Name, type Carnegie Center. Positions marked with an asterisk are currently accepting applications.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the online application through the national VISTA website (www.americorps.gov/vista).
- Apply directly to the Carnegie Center network listings on the website. Your application will be automatically forwarded to the Carnegie Center VISTA supervisor.
- If you have any technical difficulties, feel free to send your resume and a short introductory e-mail to email@example.com.
- Positions will be reviewed on a rolling basis, based on recruitment dates. If you have not received word about your application within two weeks, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an update on your application status.
- VISTA members are typically selected two months before their start date, allowing time for the state and national offices to run background check and give final approval.
For more information, please contact VISTA Supervisor Laura Whitaker(email@example.com or 859-254-4175).
Thank you for your interest, and best of luck in your search for national service opportunities!
Carnegie Center VISTA Network Blog: An Outlook on Service Focusing on community: in the greater Lexington area, within the local VISTA network, and in the greater scheme of things with service locally, nationally, and abroad.
For Current VISTAs in the Network: Join our Google Group For important documents and links, and for sending emails to the VISTA network. Please share your events, volunteer opportunities, questions, and more.
“During my time as a VISTA…I’ve learned that, if you want to create change and growth…then you have the power to meet those goals. And, along the way, you’ll have the chance to cross paths with amazing, vibrant neighbors who are willing to help.” –-- Hannah LeGris (former VISTA member and current VISTA Leader)
How to Get a Job
What CCLL means to me
Youth and Family Programs
The Kentucky Arts Council, the state arts agency, provides operating support to The Carnegie Center for Literacy and Learning with state tax dollars and federal funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.